I love the vibrant colors and textures of today’s yarn. I use a lot of earth tones especially blues and greens. I love wool and it’s felting properties as well as the look and feel of pure cotton.
I use all kinds and colors of beads mostly glass, clay, stone, wood. I know that lucite is becoming a popular medium but to me it’s still plastic. As with yarns, when I see beads I like, I often buy them and later decide how to incorporate them into a project. Sometimes I have a project in mind and will search for those special beads or yarns that lend themselves to the design and nature of the piece. I look for quality supplies and am somewhat of a perfectionist, often taking longer than average on details until satisfied with the final product.
In June I opened an Etsy Shop to show and sell some of my work. I’m getting better at writing descriptions that aren’t too wordy and my photography skills have definitely improved. And, it’s fun. I really enjoy taking the pictures to showcase my work. I think photography has become a new hobby!
(chatting it up)
Here's to 2010!
"May you live as long as you like, And have all you like as long as you live!"

No comments:
Post a Comment