I’ve been working on this long term project that I started last winter and hope to finish this winter. I love scarves for their warmth and style.
This is a green cotton scarf with a central cable. The cool thing about this one is that it is it is reversible, the cable pattern is the same on both sides. I originally made this in a black and blue chenille, however because of the colors and texture of the yarn you can’t see the beauty of the pattern. So... I opted for the lighter color in cotton where the dimension and stitches of the cable pattern are easily seen. Hope to post the finished project in the next month or so! Below is the original chenille scarf, note the lack of definition compared to the green cotton.
Even though I love the feel and look of this chenille fiber, I didn't like working with it. It tended to stick to itself as I was knitting and the stitches were not as uniform and smooth as I liked.



No comments:
Post a Comment